It can be tricky to keep young children or students with disabilities engaged in whole group activities, but this kit can get you started on the right foot! Designed specifically for preschool and elementary, it provides the structure you need for running group activities with opportunities for communication, choice making, calendar skills, counting, identifying names and/or pictures, and meaningful participation. Plus, you get the visuals needed to have a schedule for the routine of morning meeting so that the students can anticipate events and know if there are changes.
- Calendar months are included with decorations for events related to that month. I included 2 versions of October and December to accommodate schools in which holiday materials are not allowed.
- Calendar date cards to teach date/number identification as well as understanding of home and school
- 1 set of calendar numbers (1-31) with school buildings
- 1 set of calendar numbers (1-31) with home
- holiday cards and special occasions (e.g., field day, special Olympics)*see preview for a full list
- Yesterday was, Today is and Tomorrow will be strips with symbols
- Days of the week with symbols to complete them
- Days of the week in colored, black and white
- 10 cards for each activity contained in the kit as well as class jobs so that students can predict the routine
- Title card
- Bus, van, walk (2 versions), bike, and car cards for choosing
- 8 boys and girls cards for children to identify their gender, count the boys and girls in the class and graph to determine whether there are more boys or girls.
- 2 options of headers for a choice board and graphing board
Who’s Here Board
- Use the board titles, home/school visuals to set up a Who's Here board with students signing in or finding their pictures to check in.
- Song Board Title for making choices of songs
- 12 song choice pictures (see preview for songs list)
- Story Board Title for making choices of stories
- 12 story choice pictures (see preview)
Song Supports for 5 Little Monkeys, 5 Little Ducks and Wheels on the Bus
How Do I Feel Today?
--2 types of boards with 3 versions of a 5-point scale
Exercise Board- 2 options of choice pictures
--1 Simple weather board with weather cards
This set goes well with my Weather Kids product
This product is copyrighted to Christine Reeve for use in one classroom. They may not be copied for additional classes without purchasing extra licenses. For bulk discounts, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
No Product Will Be Mailed to You. You will need to print and create the product yourself.
This product is an electronic file download Adobe Acrobat file or a Zip File. No product will be mailed to you. You are responsible for assuring you have the needed software to open and print it.
Directions for construction are included in the file. Make sure you are opening it with Adobe Acrobat Reader (find it free here) and following the printing instructions included in the download.
If the product is a zip file, you may need to have an app like WinZip to unzip it on a PC.
This product is copyrighted by Christine Reeve for use in one classroom. They may not be copied for additional classes without purchasing extra licenses. For bulk discounts, please email me at email@example.com