Imagine having everything at your fingertips that you need to teach life skills students to use the next dollar up strategy for making purchases from beginning understanding up through using $20 bills. If that sounds like the type of support you need in your classroom, then this complete instructional toolkit is just what you need.
With this toolkit, you get a full set of materials starting with a step-by-step teaching program with data collection that self-graphs. Plus you get the teaching materials including foldables (for interactive notebooks or used alone), mini-books, task cards, flip books and more for your students to learn how to use next dollar and get them ready to start making decisions about whether they have enough money for a purchase and to make that purchase without knowing how to make change.
Who Does It Work For?
- These materials are appropriate for students of all ages working on next dollar up.
- Students should be able to find the price of items and count with 1-1 correspondence up to 25 to effectively start the program.
- Materials for teaching the next dollar up approach for single item purchases using $1, $5, $10, and $20 bills.
- Color and black-and-white materials to meet the individual student and classroom needs
- Materials for simple purchases and word problem practice
- Table of Contents to navigate the materials
- Detailed instructions of the steps of introducing and systematically teaching students to use the strategy with lists of materials needed to be prepared for each step of the program.
- 1 teaching program with data sheet for teaching the next dollar strategy from price tags
- 1 teaching program with data sheet for teaching the next dollar strategy in word problems
- 5 Mini Books (color and black-and-white copies) presenting the steps for using the next dollar up strategy including one that introduces the skill, one that demonstrates use of the number line as a tool, and one each that demonstrate dollar up with $5, $10 and $20 bills.
- 1 color and 1 black-and-white flip book with number lines for each amount (less than 5, between 5 and 10, 10-20, over 20).
- 1 color and 1 black-white flip book with equivalent amounts for $5, $10, $20.
- 15 five-flap matchbooks in color and black and white for interactive notebooks or stand-alone foldables to write the number of dollars under the flap.
- 40 task cards (color) with prices in which the student circles the bills needed to make the purchase. 24 cards have prices to $9 and 16 have prices that include using $5, $10 and $20 bills.
- 24 black and white task cards (that can also be used in interactive notebooks) that include word problems with the price of 1 item and a 3-step graphic organizer for solving the problem.
- 20 black and white task cards (that can also be used in interactive notebooks) that include word problems with the price of 1 item and a 2-step (one step faded out) graphic organizer for solving the problem.
- 20 black and white task cards or flip flaps for interactive notebooks with just the word problem with the price of 1 item.
- 12 bonus task cards previewing an upcoming product using next dollar strategies to purchase apps for tablets and smart phones.
No Product Will Be Mailed to You. You will need to print and create the product yourself.
This product is an electronic file download Adobe Acrobat file or a Zip File. No product will be mailed to you. You are responsible for assuring you have the needed software to open and print it.
Directions for construction are included in the file. Make sure you are opening it with Adobe Acrobat Reader (find it free here) and following the printing instructions included in the download.
If the product is a zip file, you may need to have an app like WinZip to unzip it on a PC.
This product is copyrighted by Christine Reeve for use in one classroom. They may not be copied for additional classes without purchasing extra licenses. For bulk discounts, please email me at email@example.com