In distance learning or in the classroom, your students will love these highly motivating materials focusing on tablets / iPad and buying apps. It's a great way to keep them engaged in learning money skills and practicing determining if they have the money to make a purchase.
Using worksheets, task cards, and file folder activity, students will subtract dollars and cents from balances on gift cards to determine what they have left. They will also practice determining which apps they can buy for set amounts of money.
WHO ARE THEY FOR?
Appropriate for any age working on money, purchasing, budgeting and calculating money
Work well for instruction, small group work, individual practice, and independent work systems.
WHAT SKILLS ARE ADDRESSED?
- Understanding when they have enough money to make a specific purchase
- Determining how many of something they can purchase for a set amount
- Subtracting and determining remaining balances on a debit or gift card Solving word problems involving coins and bills.
This set of materials can be used in multiple ways depending on how they are constructed.
Available in PDF/Print, Google Slides™️, and PowerPoint™️
- 110 single-problem worksheets or task cards with apps students buy with a debit card and determine the remaining balance
- 10 worksheets for students to circle apps that can be purchased given a set amount of money
- 1 file folder with 48 apps in an app store with differentiated prices and gift cards with amounts they can spend. Students determine which apps they can buy with that amount.
- Answer Key
- To print the worksheets as task cards, there are directions in the product or see this video. Video for Printing Multiple Pages to One
No Product Will Be Mailed to You. You will need to print and create the product yourself.
This product is an electronic file download Adobe Acrobat file or a Zip File. No product will be mailed to you. You are responsible for assuring you have the needed software to open and print it.
Directions for construction are included in the file. Make sure you are opening it with Adobe Acrobat Reader (find it free here) and following the printing instructions included in the download.
If the product is a zip file, you may need to have an app like WinZip to unzip it on a PC.
This product is copyrighted by Christine Reeve for use in one classroom. They may not be copied for additional classes without purchasing extra licenses. For bulk discounts, please email me at email@example.com