Perfect for students who hate to lose or aren't good winners, this toolkit has This 7 social narratives (similar to social stories) and visual cues to support them. They help teach your student how to interpret others' perspectives and coping strategies for when they are frustrated or overwhelmed during the game.
Who Is It For?
I have used these strategies successfully with a wide variety of students in a variety of situations and settings:
- Preschool to Middle School ages for typical students
- All ages for students who struggle with anxiety and other behavioral challenges
- Students with with and without autism or special needs.
- Each social narrative includes descriptive sentences, perspective sentences that talk about how other students and the teachers perceive the student’s behavior, share information about new or problematic situations, and provide coping strategies for maintaining appropriate behavior and social responses.
- These social narratives and tools teach students handle losing gracefully, to self-manage when they are frustrated with a game, and how to take a break if needed from the game.
- Each story is in a format with one idea and picture on each page.
- You can choose the pages that fit your needs.
7 Social Narratives
- I Can Be Proud of My Basketball Game Even If We Lose
- I Can Be Proud of My Baseball Game Even If We Lose
- I Can Be Proud of My Football Game Even If We Lose
- I Can Be Proud of My Lacrosse Game Even If We Lose
- I Can Be Proud of My Soccer Game Even If We Lose
- I Can Be a Good Sport Whether We Win or Lose
- I Am Responsible for Myself When I Play on a Team
- Cueing sequence for deep breathing
- Visuals of strategies to calm down or take a break
- Option cards designed to help player remember the options available
Images for this product were provided by DynaVox Mayer-Johnson 2100 Wharton Street Suite 400 Pittsburgh, PA 15203 Phone: 1 (800) 588-4548 Fax: 1 (866) 585-6260 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web site: www.mayer-johnson.com
No Product Will Be Mailed to You. You will need to print and create the product yourself.
This product is an electronic file download Adobe Acrobat file or a Zip File. No product will be mailed to you. You are responsible for assuring you have the needed software to open and print it.
Directions for construction are included in the file. Make sure you are opening it with Adobe Acrobat Reader (find it free here) and following the printing instructions included in the download.
If the product is a zip file, you may need to have an app like WinZip to unzip it on a PC.
This product is copyrighted by Christine Reeve for use in one classroom. They may not be copied for additional classes without purchasing extra licenses. For bulk discounts, please email me at email@example.com