Students with autism will love these interactive books teaching receptive and expressive clothing vocabulary. The books are differentiated to work with early learners of the skills and increase complexity through the books as the student masters the skill. They can be used in morning meeting and group story times as interactive books that reinforce these concepts. They can also be used in discrete trials or PRT instruction 1-1 or in small groups to explicitly teach vocabulary.
The books are set up so that teachers can use errorless teaching, to prevent errors, or error correction as is appropriate for the students. Within the packet is a sequence of steps for teaching the skill in discrete trials as well as a data sheet for tracking progress.
Finally, once mastered, these books can easily be placed in a student’s independent work tasks and they can practice the receptive vocabulary they have mastered to maintain it.
- Let's Make a List adapted book focuses on just identifying the clothing item (e.g., find the hat).
- Let's Go Clothes Shopping adapted book focuses on identifying clothing items by 1 characteristic (e.g., find the one you put on your head).
- What Can We Find in the Closet? adapted book focuses on identifying clothing items by 2 characteristics (e.g., find the one that is blue and you wear on your head).
- Teaching program and data sheet for tracking progress across the steps
- Extension activities and differentiation suggestions Vocabulary pictures for manipulatives
This product may not be resold and can be copied for personal use within a classroom only. If extra copies are needed throughout a school district, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for prices. © Christine Reeve 2013
No Product Will Be Mailed to You. You will need to print and create the product yourself.
This product is an electronic file download Adobe Acrobat file or a Zip File. No product will be mailed to you. You are responsible for assuring you have the needed software to open and print it.
Directions for construction are included in the file. Make sure you are opening it with Adobe Acrobat Reader (find it free here) and following the printing instructions included in the download.
If the product is a zip file, you may need to have an app like WinZip to unzip it on a PC.
This product is copyrighted by Christine Reeve for use in one classroom. They may not be copied for additional classes without purchasing extra licenses. For bulk discounts, please email me at email@example.com