If you are looking for a complete cooking unit plan to present differentiated forms of text (picture and written), assess with differentiated tools, and provide material you can send home remotely, this cooking unit has everything you need. You can teach so many skills within a cooking activity, whether it is as a group or one-to-one including language, communication, reading and math skills.
And the lesson plans and materials are already available digital with easy access to send a single activity home. So whether you are using them for distance learning / online teaching or just want to send homework, the interactive activities in Google™️ Slides makes for easy integration into Google Classroom and other digital formats.
I've included lesson plans for teachers and a home lesson pacing guide for families. Plus they allow each person to make their own pizza, so there are fewer issues with hygiene.
All pages are included in Google™️ Slides for easy remote instruction. The links to Google™️ Apps for use with Google™️ Classroom are included in the PDF you receive when purchasing.
**If you are a member of the Special Educator Academy, DO NOT buy this set as it is available within the membership**
This unit is perfect for students of all ages in
- Special education classrooms
- Life skills programs
- Homeschool programs
- Distance Learning programs.
Receptive / expressive vocabulary for cooking; identifying ingredients; expressing a prediction of preference; interpreting graphs, compare and contrast data results, create number sentence of data from graph, following simple verbal directions to construct a product, reading a recipe with or without picture cues, using a knife to spread ingredients, trying new foods, opening jar/containers, recalling events of an activity with visual supports, sequencing 2-6 steps of a completed activities (with or without visual cues), answer simple questions about the activity and product created, making choices about toppings
- Lesson Plan for Previewing / Preteaching Cooking Activity
- Lesson Plan for Cooking Activity
- Lesson Plan for Reviewing Activity
- Evaluation Plan for Taking Data
- Communication Board
- A pacing guide for implementing the activity over the week at home
- 1 slide show (PowerPoint & Google Slides) for reviewing recipe
- 1 visual recipe
- 1 page of written recipe cards
- 1 before/after board with pictures
- 1 picture-sequencing board and cards (4 steps)
- 1 written sequencing board (6 steps)
- 1 multiple-choice worksheet with visual supports for responses
- 1 multiple – choice worksheet with written response choices
- 1 prediction graph
- 1 conclusion graph
- Worksheets with written and picture choices
- Before & After Sequencing
- 4-step sequencing with pictures
- 6-step sequencing with sentences
- Slide show of the steps and ingredients-fill in the blank for communication
No Product Will Be Mailed to You. You will need to print and create the product yourself.
This product is an electronic file download Adobe Acrobat file or a Zip File. No product will be mailed to you. You are responsible for assuring you have the needed software to open and print it.
Directions for construction are included in the file. Make sure you are opening it with Adobe Acrobat Reader (find it free here) and following the printing instructions included in the download.
If the product is a zip file, you may need to have an app like WinZip to unzip it on a PC.
This product is copyrighted by Christine Reeve for use in one classroom. They may not be copied for additional classes without purchasing extra licenses. For bulk discounts, please email me at email@example.com