If you teach early childhood, preschool, kindergarten or elementary special education, these 7 sets of letter ID and matching task cards are just what you need for easy differentiation whether you are teaching in the classroom or distance learning. Great for independent work and center work, these literacy task cards are aligned to common core standards and make great back-to-school tools for centers. The sets focus on basic matching letters with capitals, lower case, and pictures of items to match to beginning sounds.
The print version require less prep than file folders. And the digital version requires even less. In the product you will download a zip file with the PDF to print, the link to Google Slides™️ and a PowerPoint set of slides all ready for distance learning.
This Product is Available in These Bundles
These 7 common-core aligned sets of literacy task cards include matching letters of all forms and matching beginning letters to seasonal and nonseasonal pictures. The are provided in pdf print form, PowerPoint and Google Slides versions for easy use in the classroom or in distance learning.
- Preschool classroom
- Preschool special education program
- Early elementary special education programs
Created with a fall or autumn theme, these will make perfect back-to-school tools for centers in younger elementary classrooms as well as for work systems and instruction in special education classrooms.
148 differentiated multiple-choice task cards matching letter to letter and matching pictures to beginning letters
Available in Google Slides, PowerPoint & PDF
- Matching uppercase letters with 2 choices
- Matching uppercase letters with 3 choices
- Matching lowercase letters to uppercase with 3 choices
- Matching lowercase letters to lowercase with 3 choices
- Identifying beginning letters of pictures of nonseasonal objects with 3 choices
- Identifying beginning letters of pictures of seasonal-fall objects (with and without Halloween) with 3 choices
Available in PDF Only-Memory Match
- 26 Capital letter cards
- 26 Nonseasonal picture cards for each letter
- 18 Seasonal picture cards for each letter
- Include Halloween option, but there is a full set of seasonal pictures without Halloween pictures
- Each set of cards has a different border to differentiate it.
- I purposely didn’t number the cards so that students who focus on the wrong details would not learn the numbers with the answers rather than the letters.
- Google Slides have a Table of Contents to jump to card sets
Core Standard Alignment
These task cards meet the following Common Core Standard:
CCSS ELA-Literacy RF.K.1d Recognize and and name all upper- and lowercase letters of the alphabet
They also will meet the following Alabama Extended Standards:
ELA.AAS.K.20d- Recognize and name all uppercase and lowercase letters of the alphabet.
No Product Will Be Mailed to You. You will need to print and create the product yourself.
This product is an electronic file download Adobe Acrobat file or a Zip File. No product will be mailed to you. You are responsible for assuring you have the needed software to open and print it.
Directions for construction are included in the file. Make sure you are opening it with Adobe Acrobat Reader (find it free here) and following the printing instructions included in the download.
If the product is a zip file, you may need to have an app like WinZip to unzip it on a PC.
This product is copyrighted by Christine Reeve for use in one classroom. They may not be copied for additional classes without purchasing extra licenses. For bulk discounts, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org