Focusing on basic matching skills for colors, shapes, numbers and counting, these 8 common-core aligned file folders will make excellent autumn resources for centers in younger elementary or preschool classrooms. They are also perfect for independent work systems in autism and special education classrooms.
This set is designed to assure that what the student is learning is the skill targeted. For instance, all the numbers are on the same color items so that the student doesn’t learn to match the colors instead of the number. The set features common elements of fall including leaves and pumpkins but avoids Halloween-specific items for schools that cannot use them.
This Product is Available in These Bundles
Structured Work System Starter Bundle Autism Basic Skills Kit and Tasks
Autism Basic Skills Matching Tasks Bundle
- 1 file folder matching numbers to numerals (1-12)
- 1 file folder matching numbers to numerals (1-20)
- 1 file folder matching numbers to sets (1-10)
- 1 file folder matching numbers to sets (1-20)
- 1 file folder putting numbers in sequence (1-20)
- 1 file folder matching 12 colors
- 1 file folder matching 6 basic shapes
- 1 file folder matching numbers to number words (1-20) (this could be split into 2)
Each file folder has pages with the pieces that have directions about which file folder they match, labels for the front of the file folder and labels for the file tab.
Core Standard Alignment
- CCSS Math Content K.CC.A2 Count forward beginning from a given number within the known sequence (instead of having to begin at 1)
- CCSS Math Content K.CC.A.3 Write numbers from 0 to 20. Represent a number of objects with a written number 0-20 (with 0 representing a count of no objects).
- CCSS Math Content K.CC.B.4: Understand the relationships between numbers and quantities; connect counting to cardinality.
- CCSS Math Content K.CC.B.5: Count to answer “how many about as many as 20 things arranged in a line, a rectangular array or a circle or as many as 10 things in a scattered configuration; given a number from 1–20, count out that many objects.
No Product Will Be Mailed to You. You will need to print and create the product yourself.
This product is an electronic file download Adobe Acrobat file or a Zip File. No product will be mailed to you. You are responsible for assuring you have the needed software to open and print it.
Directions for construction are included in the file. Make sure you are opening it with Adobe Acrobat Reader (find it free here) and following the printing instructions included in the download.
If the product is a zip file, you may need to have an app like WinZip to unzip it on a PC.
This product is copyrighted by Christine Reeve for use in one classroom. They may not be copied for additional classes without purchasing extra licenses. For bulk discounts, please email me at email@example.com