If you are a life skills teacher or teach special education with reading environmental print, imagine having a set of books that you can use to teach reading comprehension of food words and comprehension of content. And an added bonus of preparing your students for community experiences to restaurants, snack bars, grocery stores, farmers markets and more.
These books are all photos and save you the trouble of finding photos that will match the 100 words covered by the books. There are a total of 12 books that are perfect for your students to practice reading food sight words in connected text.
- 12 interactive books incorporating 100 food words
- All the books use photographs of the food items
- The books are deigned to be interactive to demonstrate reading comprehension -- students find the word to match the picture on the page.
- To allow easier differentiation among students in the classroom, the books include pictures (without words) for students to simply match the pictures to the page.
- Choice board visuals to fit into the morning meeting starter kit book or story boards if you are using them.
- 2 Extension Page options: one has matching pictures and the other is a blank page with no pictures so you can rearrange them.
- Suggested IEP goals
- Extension Activities
No Product Will Be Mailed to You. You will need to print and create the product yourself.
This product is an electronic file download Adobe Acrobat file or a Zip File. No product will be mailed to you. You are responsible for assuring you have the needed software to open and print it.
Directions for construction are included in the file. Make sure you are opening it with Adobe Acrobat Reader (find it free here) and following the printing instructions included in the download.
If the product is a zip file, you may need to have an app like WinZip to unzip it on a PC.
This product is copyrighted by Christine Reeve for use in one classroom. They may not be copied for additional classes without purchasing extra licenses. For bulk discounts, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org