Are you looking for strategies to help your life skills students learn to make purchases in the community? Then Next Dollar Up is just what you need and these task cards are great for them to practice it!
Included in These Bundles (Save!)
- Money Tasks Galore
- Money Essentials for Special Education
Structured Work System Secondary Starter Bundle: Life Skills Kit and Tasks
Who Can Use These?
I developed these task cards as a functional curriculum teacher resource for middle and high school students in special education who are working on next dollar up purchasing. The set would work well with younger students as well to meet IEP goals.
- 2 sets included-one with prices printed and one that you can add new prices to. If you have students who memorize, the one you add prices to can be a great way to keep them on their toes!
- Cards have grocery store and restaurant items to purchase
- The prices range from $1 to $9.
- Use them with or without having them count out dollars to find the answer.
- 80 task cards in which the students circle the number of dollars on the card they would need to make the purchase of the item. For instance, if an item costs $3.20, the student would circle / give 4 $1 bills
- Cards 1-40 has prices pre-written on them with a number line of dollars for students to circle ($1-9$)
- Cards 41-80 are the same cards with empty price tags that the teacher can complete
- Answer Key
No Product Will Be Mailed to You. You will need to print and create the product yourself.
This product is an electronic file download Adobe Acrobat file or a Zip File. No product will be mailed to you. You are responsible for assuring you have the needed software to open and print it.
Directions for construction are included in the file. Make sure you are opening it with Adobe Acrobat Reader (find it free here) and following the printing instructions included in the download.
If the product is a zip file, you may need to have an app like WinZip to unzip it on a PC.
This product is copyrighted by Christine Reeve for use in one classroom. They may not be copied for additional classes without purchasing extra licenses. For bulk discounts, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org