Your life skills students may not be ready to make change for purchases, yet, but that doesn't mean they can't buy things if you teach them the next dollar or dollar up strategy. And if you teach them to use the strategy, you can't go wrong with these task cards for them to practice finding the dollar amount just above the number of dollars plus the change.
These 64 next dollar up task cards are available in print and digital (Google Slides and PowerPoint) version. Thirty-two cards have prices. Identical set of cards have no prices. Perfect for your life skills classes.
Included in These Bundles (Save!)
- 2 sets included-one with prices printed and one that you can add new prices to. If you have students who memorize, the one you add prices to can be a great way to keep them on their toes!
- Cards have store items you would find in a department store to purchase
- The prices range from $1 to $9.
- Use them with or without having them count out dollars to find the answer.
- Available in Print, Google Slides & PowerPoint
The Next Dollar Up Method of teaching money is really helpful for students in special education who are not yet able to count coins. If they can count bills, dollar up gives them the opportunity to know if they have enough money to make a purchase.
WHO ARE THEY FOR?
- I developed these 64 next dollar up task cards as a functional curriculum teacher resource for middle and high school students in special education who are working on understanding money.
- The set is appropriate for elementary ages as well.
Print, Google Slides & PowerPoint
- 32 cards with store items and prices and students circle the number of dollars required
- The same 32 cards without prices (you add them in) students circle the number of dollars required
- Answer Key
Google Slides & PowerPoint
- 32 cards with store items and prices and students count out the dollars needed to buy the items by moving them on the screen
- 32 identical cards without prices
- Answer Key
No Product Will Be Mailed to You. You will need to print and create the product yourself.
This product is an electronic file download Adobe Acrobat file or a Zip File. No product will be mailed to you. You are responsible for assuring you have the needed software to open and print it.
Directions for construction are included in the file. Make sure you are opening it with Adobe Acrobat Reader (find it free here) and following the printing instructions included in the download.
If the product is a zip file, you may need to have an app like WinZip to unzip it on a PC.
This product is copyrighted by Christine Reeve for use in one classroom. They may not be copied for additional classes without purchasing extra licenses. For bulk discounts, please email me at email@example.com