Have a ton of independent work tasks at your fingertips! You can use them to keep students engaged more independently at different times during the day. These colorful file folders and puzzles are perfect for early childhood and kindergarten students to practice shape matching.
Who Are They For?
These tasks are great for preschool or kindergarten center work, independent work systems or structured work systems with autism or in special education, and for any time that students need to be engaged on their own. I often use them during instruction to have students practice skills for generalization and maintenance while I work with another student in a small group.
This set of tasks includes the following items:
- 12 shape matching 2-piece puzzles. Students match the shape on one piece to an illustration on the other.
- 1 or 2 Illustrated Shape Sort File Folder
- 1 or 2 Photo Shape Sort File Folder
- 42 Photo Shape Matching Task Cards or Clip Cards (36 with 3 options, 6 with 5 options)
These tasks are also specifically geared toward use with independent work systems with these features:
- Each task has a clear beginning and end.
- Tasks are designed (with the help of Velcro) to stay together when the student finishes and put them in the finished basket.
- They are easily adapted to individual needs.
- They are visually clear and designed to be simple
- They were designed to be highly visually engaging and capitalize on the visual discrimination skills that are often a strength for students with autism.
No Product Will Be Mailed to You. You will need to print and create the product yourself.
This product is an electronic file download Adobe Acrobat file or a Zip File. No product will be mailed to you. You are responsible for assuring you have the needed software to open and print it.
Directions for construction are included in the file. Make sure you are opening it with Adobe Acrobat Reader (find it free here) and following the printing instructions included in the download.
If the product is a zip file, you may need to have an app like WinZip to unzip it on a PC.
This product is copyrighted by Christine Reeve for use in one classroom. They may not be copied for additional classes without purchasing extra licenses. For bulk discounts, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org