Do your students like to talk about the pets they have? Or the pets they want to have? Yeah, so did many of mine. These books are great for them to build language and vocabulary about their pets, others' pets, and caring for dogs. And they remind them of some of the needs of taking care of the family dog at the same time!
Who Are They For?
These books are great for students of any age working on basic vocabulary and either matching or reading skills. They are perfect for morning meeting or circle time, story time, and small group or 1-1 instruction on reading skills. They are written at approximately a first to second grade level and include matching pictures and words to complete the sentences based on the pictures on the page. I've used them all ages from preschool through life skills high school classes.
What's Included?2 Interactive Books
- Do You Have a Pet?-Review of different types of pets. Two versions are included--1 with identical matching pictures; 1 with nonidentical matches.
- We Take Care of Our Dogs-focuses on verbs for caring for a dog
Visuals to choose the books for choice boards from my morning meeting starter kits. Preschool*Elementary Morning Meeting Starter Kit and Middle and High School Morning Meeting Starter Kit
- The books have the option to find the matching or corresponding picture or the word to complete the sentence.
- The picture cards can be stored on an extension page that have matching pictures. There are 2 options—one has matching pictures and the other is a blank page with no pictures so you can rearrange them.
- You could also switch out so that the student is matching clip art to photos or vice versa by switching which matching pictures are with the book.
No Product Will Be Mailed to You. You will need to print and create the product yourself.
This product is an electronic file download Adobe Acrobat file or a Zip File. No product will be mailed to you. You are responsible for assuring you have the needed software to open and print it.
Directions for construction are included in the file. Make sure you are opening it with Adobe Acrobat Reader (find it free here) and following the printing instructions included in the download.
If the product is a zip file, you may need to have an app like WinZip to unzip it on a PC.
This product is copyrighted by Christine Reeve for use in one classroom. They may not be copied for additional classes without purchasing extra licenses. For bulk discounts, please email me at email@example.com