Can you imagine all of your students engaged with reading in the classroom? This set of 5 colorful interactive books can help get them engaged. Students stay engaged in reading by matching the words and/or the pictures to the pages. Students of all ages love them because they can participate in reading. And, summer vacation, camp, the pool and the beach...what else could you want for summer books?
Who Are They For?
These books are great for students of any age working on basic vocabulary and either matching or reading skills. They are perfect for morning meeting or circle time, story time, and small group or 1-1 instruction on reading skills. They are written at approximately a first to second grade level and include matching pictures and words to complete the sentences based on the pictures on the page. I've used them with all ages from preschool through life skills high school classes.
5 Interactive Books
- What Do You Do on Summer Vacation?This illustrated book focuses on common activities for summer vacation. It includes at-home activities as well as travel.
- Going to Camp This illustrated book targets verbs and depicts common activities that people do at camp or while camping
- Let’s Go to the Pool This illustrated book focuses on the vocabulary related to going to the pool.
- Let’s Go to the Beach This photographic book focuses on the things you might see at the beach / shore. The photos match identical photos.
- We’re Going to the Park This illustrated book focuses common activities you might do at a park. At the end of the book, students can choose the yes or no visual to answer “Do you like to go to the park?”
Visuals to choose the books for choice boards from my morning meeting starter kits. Preschool*Elementary Morning Meeting Starter Kit and Middle and High School Morning Meeting Starter Kit
Check out the photos for lists of vocabulary,
- The books have the option to find the matching or corresponding picture or the word to complete the sentence.
- The picture cards can be stored on an extension page that have matching pictures. There are 2 options—one has matching pictures and the other is a blank page with no pictures so you can rearrange them.
- You could also switch out so that the student is matching clip art to photos or vice versa by switching which matching pictures are with the book.
No Product Will Be Mailed to You. You will need to print and create the product yourself.
This product is an electronic file download Adobe Acrobat file or a Zip File. No product will be mailed to you. You are responsible for assuring you have the needed software to open and print it.
Directions for construction are included in the file. Make sure you are opening it with Adobe Acrobat Reader (find it free here) and following the printing instructions included in the download.
If the product is a zip file, you may need to have an app like WinZip to unzip it on a PC.
This product is copyrighted by Christine Reeve for use in one classroom. They may not be copied for additional classes without purchasing extra licenses. For bulk discounts, please email me at email@example.com