Sequencing and following directions are key skills for vocational tasks for students in special education to practice. And who doesn't love pizza! I designed this set to practice a variety of skills in which students practice putting pizzas together to follow written orders with and without picture cues.
Who It's For
This set of vocational tasks are perfect for students in middle and high school working on vocational skills or any students with an interest in pizza to practice following directions
It's Perfect for independent work, vocational centers, and language activities for following directions
- following directions,
- completing a task in sequence,
- identifying ½ of the pizza with or without a visual cue on the pizza,
- identifying small, medium and large size pizzas and naming pizza ingredients
How it Works
Students follow the order cards to assemble pizzas to match the orders. It can also be used to practice reading functional sight words related to pizza. You can tell the student how to assemble the pizza on the order sheet or he/she can read it and assemble it independently. I’ve included 12 orders that have picture cues on the order card itself. I’ve also included an ingredients list with pictures to help the students connect the words on the orders to the pictured ingredients.
- 1 Large, 1 Medium and 1 Small pizza crust
- 1 Large pizza crust with a line depicting the center to fill the orders with ½
- Circles of tomato sauce and white sauce (in small, medium, and large)
- Circle of cheese (in small, medium, and large)
- Pictures of pepperoni, Italian sausage, bacon, ham, mushrooms, green peppers, red peppers, black olives, tomato slices, onion rings, pineapple, broccoli, and spinach.
- 1 Ingredient List with pictures for reference (print a second copy for labels for the ingredients if needed)
- 1 Task analysis for the sequence of assembling the pizzas
Pizza Order Cards:
- 12 with 2-3 ingredients (in addition to the crust) and picture cues (all large pizzas)
- 60 with 2-6 ingredients (60 for lg. pizza, 60 for med. and 60 for small—identical except for pizza size)—see preview for exact breakdown
- 12 with 4-5 ingredients including some ingredients on only ½ the pizza
- 6 Blank cards
- 2 Pizza Self-Order Check-off cards (blank)
- 2 Large write-in pizza order cards
No Product Will Be Mailed to You. You will need to print and create the product yourself.
This product is an electronic file download Adobe Acrobat file or a Zip File. No product will be mailed to you. You are responsible for assuring you have the needed software to open and print it.
Directions for construction are included in the file. Make sure you are opening it with Adobe Acrobat Reader (find it free here) and following the printing instructions included in the download.
If the product is a zip file, you may need to have an app like WinZip to unzip it on a PC.
This product is copyrighted by Christine Reeve for use in one classroom. They may not be copied for additional classes without purchasing extra licenses. For bulk discounts, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org