Your students will love these summertime-themed coin task cards to practice counting change. Whether you teach general education students in first or second grade or you teach high school transition students in special education, these cards will work for everyone.
And these cards now include a Google Slides version perfect for distance learning. Only the coin cards (not the matching ones) are in the Google Slides version. Students can drag a circle over to the right answer to complete the cards.
Which Students Are These For?
- 1st and 2nd graders working on money skills to introduce coin value and adding change
- special education students working on life skills
- Also appropriate for secondary students in special education
- All the cards have coins that are not lined up in rows but scattered as change would be. The coins include both fronts and backs of coins randomly distributed.
- Coins on the cards are the same size as real coins so they could be matched for manipulatives to count the change.
- Cards have between 1 and 12 coins per card.
- Totals up to $2
- Differentiated cards for specific skills (See What's Included for details)
- Cards are all multiple-choice with 3 choices so that students can use dry-erase markers to circle the answer and are not required to write the answers.
- Students who are unable to circle could dab the answers with a marker or use a clothespin or paperclip to mark the answer.
- Response sheets (in color and black and white) also included for students who are able to write their answers on a separate sheet.
- Cards of beach snack bar with price tags for matching prices to items.
Included in These Bundles (Save!)
- Money Tasks Galore
- Money Essentials for Special Education
Structured Work System Secondary Starter Bundle: Life Skills Kit and Tasks
- 40 multiple-choice task cards for identifying amounts of coins up to $2 in combinations up to 12 coins.
- The same 40 cards in Google Slides for distance learning or technology-based learning
- Cards 1-4 --single coins
- Cards 5-8 –2 coins of the same type (e.g., 2 quarters)
- Cards 9-12 –3 coins of the same type (e.g., 3 pennies)
- Cards 13-16—combinations of 3 coins
- Cards 17-20—combinations of 4 coins
- Cards 21-24—combinations of 5-6 coins
- Cards 25-28—combination of 7 coins
- Cards 29-40—combination of 8-12 coins
- Cards A- T--- Cards with beach gift shop items and prices for matching to the task cards
- Answer Keys and Answer Sheets
No Product Will Be Mailed to You. You will need to print and create the product yourself.
This product is an electronic file download Adobe Acrobat file or a Zip File. No product will be mailed to you. You are responsible for assuring you have the needed software to open and print it.
Directions for construction are included in the file. Make sure you are opening it with Adobe Acrobat Reader (find it free here) and following the printing instructions included in the download.
If the product is a zip file, you may need to have an app like WinZip to unzip it on a PC.
This product is copyrighted by Christine Reeve for use in one classroom. They may not be copied for additional classes without purchasing extra licenses. For bulk discounts, please email me at email@example.com