If your students are using The Next Dollar Up method, these cards provide a functional way to to practice using it using real-life situations. Great for life skills curricula students of all ages to meet curriculum or IEP goals.
Included in These Bundles (Save!)
Who Can Use These?
I developed these worksheets as a functional curriculum teacher resource for middle and high school students in special education who are working on understanding money. The set would work well with younger students as well to meet IEP goals.
- The task cards have dollars on them and the students have to determine what prices they could afford to buy.
- Cards are differentiated as described in the "What's Included" Section
- The set addresses both the skill of finding one out of three prices that can be bought with a set of money and finding the most expensive price they could buy with a set of money.
- Students respond to multiple choice questions so no writing needed
Task cards are included in PDF, PowerPoint™️ and Google Slides™️ for distance or device-based learning.
- 40 multiple-choice task cards with set amounts of money and prices to choose from
- Cards 1-20 the students determine which of 3 prices they could buy with the dollars they have. In this set, the answer is always the lowest number.
- Cards 1-8: $1 to $5 with $1 bills
- Cards 9-16: $6 to $9 with $1 bills
- Cards 17-20: $6 to $9 with combinations of $5 and $1 bills
- Cards 21-40 the students choose the most expensive prices they can buy with the bills they have. So in this set there could be more than 1 answer of what they can buy, but they have to choose the most they could buy.
- Cards 21-28: $1 to $5 with $1 bills
- Cards 29-36: $6 to $9 with $1 bills
- Cards 37-40: $6 to $9 with combinations of $5 and $1 bills
- Answer Key and Answer Sheet
No Product Will Be Mailed to You. You will need to print and create the product yourself.
This product is an electronic file download Adobe Acrobat file or a Zip File. No product will be mailed to you. You are responsible for assuring you have the needed software to open and print it.
Directions for construction are included in the file. Make sure you are opening it with Adobe Acrobat Reader (find it free here) and following the printing instructions included in the download.
If the product is a zip file, you may need to have an app like WinZip to unzip it on a PC.
This product is copyrighted by Christine Reeve for use in one classroom. They may not be copied for additional classes without purchasing extra licenses. For bulk discounts, please email me at email@example.com