Well who doesn't love Thanksgiving dinner? So if you are looking for something to keep your students focused this holiday, this differentiated set of materials helps them see how money works functionally in an engaging activity.
Who is This For?
Students of any age working on determining prices of items in functional contexts like menus.
Materials are already differentiated with 3 menus of varying difficulty and task cards with either 1 item or 2 items to find prices.
Each task card can be used with all 3 menus, making differentiation easy.
Task cards are provided with and without graphic organizers
- 3 menus of different difficulty levels with identical dishes
- Thanksgiving Café: whole dollar amounts only
- Harvest Haven: dollars and change in multiples of 25 (e.g., $3.25)
- Pumpkin Pie Plaza: dollars and all types of change (e.g., $3.37)
- 96 differentiated task cards including finding prices from the menus for 1 item or 2 items with and without graphic organizers for addition.
- Cards 1-24 --Finding the price of 1 item off the menu
- Cards 25-48 --Adding the price of 2 items off the menu
- Cards 25A-48A --These cards are the same questions as Cards 25-48 but offer a graphic organizer for writing in the two prices and then adding them together, like the example below
- Cards 49-72 --Finding the price of 1 item off the menu with picture supports. These cards can also be used with the table of prices at the end of the packet to provide a price bank so that the students who cannot write their answers could Velcro the matching price to the task card itself.
- Price cards for use with cards 49-72
- Answer Keys for each menu level
No Product Will Be Mailed to You. You will need to print and create the product yourself.
This product is an electronic file download Adobe Acrobat file or a Zip File. No product will be mailed to you. You are responsible for assuring you have the needed software to open and print it.
Directions for construction are included in the file. Make sure you are opening it with Adobe Acrobat Reader (find it free here) and following the printing instructions included in the download.
If the product is a zip file, you may need to have an app like WinZip to unzip it on a PC.
This product is copyrighted by Christine Reeve for use in one classroom. They may not be copied for additional classes without purchasing extra licenses. For bulk discounts, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org