If you are looking for ways to get your students engaged in academic and functional skills, this tossed green salad cooking unit has everything you need. Available in PDF and Google Slides™️, this unit has lesson plans, supply lists, home lesson planning guides for distance learning or enrichment, comprehension tools including worksheets and sequencing activities, and a customized communication board.
This unit is perfect for engaging your students but allowing them to handle their own ingredients, for hygiene and health safety. In addition, there are lesson plans already written for your classroom with the objectives, tools, and activities to spread throughout the week of learning.
All pages are included in Google™️ Slides for easy remote instruction. The links to Google™️ Apps for use with Google™️ Classroom are included in the PDF you receive when purchasing.
**If you are a member of the Special Educator Academy, DO NOT buy this set as it is available within the membership**
Use these for cooking in a group or cooking with 1 student. It has been adapted for families to use at home during home instruction or homework with a weekly lesson plan using different elements of the materials. It's easy to target communication and language skills, self-help skills, reading skills, and math skills with graphing predictions of whether the students will like it.
This unit is perfect for students of all ages in
- Special education classrooms
- Life skills programs
- Homeschool programs
- Distance Learning programs.
- receptive / expressive vocabulary for cooking;
- identifying ingredients,
- expressing a prediction of preference,
- interpreting graphs,
- compare and contrast data results,
- create number sentence of data from graph
- following simple visual and/or verbal directions to construct a product,
- reading a recipe with or without picture cues,
- using a knife slice and chop vegetables,
- trying new foods,
- opening jar/containers
- recalling events of an activity with visual supports,
- sequencing 9 steps of a completed activity (with or without visual cues),
- answer simple questions about the activity and product created
- Motor skills including tearing, slicing, tossing the salad and pouring
- Completing a role to collaborate with peers to complete a group project with or w/o visual supports of a job board
- Lesson Plan for Previewing / Preteaching Cooking Activity
- Lesson Plan for Cooking Activity
- Lesson Plan for Reviewing Activity
- Evaluation Plan for Taking Data
- Communication Board
- 1 slide show (PowerPoint) for reviewing recipe
- 1 visual recipe
- 1 page of written recipe cards
- 1 matching pictures to directions sequencing (9 steps)
- 1 written sequencing board (9 steps)
- 1 multiple-choice worksheet with visual supports for responses
- 1 multiple – choice worksheet with written response choices
- 1 cooking job board with pictures and 1 without
- 1 prediction graph /1 conclusion graph
- Worksheets with written and picture choices
- Picture Sequencing drag and drop
- Written Sequencing drag and drop
- Slide show of the steps and ingredients-fill in the blank for communication
No Product Will Be Mailed to You. You will need to print and create the product yourself.
This product is an electronic file download Adobe Acrobat file or a Zip File. No product will be mailed to you. You are responsible for assuring you have the needed software to open and print it.
Directions for construction are included in the file. Make sure you are opening it with Adobe Acrobat Reader (find it free here) and following the printing instructions included in the download.
If the product is a zip file, you may need to have an app like WinZip to unzip it on a PC.
This product is copyrighted by Christine Reeve for use in one classroom. They may not be copied for additional classes without purchasing extra licenses. For bulk discounts, please email me at email@example.com