Differentiated Long and Short Vowel Sorting Worksheets: Basketball Theme Cut and Paste Activities
If you have students who love basketball and need extra practice on sorting long and short vowels, this set of long and short vowel sorting worksheets will engage them and save you time. These 10 cut-and-paste worksheets are already differentiated with different versions providing different cues and sorting pictures or words.
Who Are They For?
- Early elementary classrooms with students with different levels of mastery of vowel sounds
- Special education classrooms requiring differentiation for different levels of learning
- Any age level working on identifying simple vowel sounds
- 40 Cuts & Paste Worksheets (4 versions each of 10 original vowel sorts)
- 2 original worksheets / sets of words for each vowel
- sorting pictures with picture cues,
- sorting words with picture cues,
- sorting words with word cues and
- sorting words with no cue.
The picture cues provided give information about the long or short vowel column.
How I Use Them
- Worksheets that students cut and paste
- Laminate them and cut the words out, using Velcro to make them reusable.
Perfect For Use In
- Independent Work
- Para-run centers for practice
- Small group instruction with different levels of learners
- Direct instruction
No Product Will Be Mailed to You. You will need to print and create the product yourself.
This product is an electronic file download Adobe Acrobat file or a Zip File. No product will be mailed to you. You are responsible for assuring you have the needed software to open and print it.
Directions for construction are included in the file. Make sure you are opening it with Adobe Acrobat Reader (find it free here) and following the printing instructions included in the download.
If the product is a zip file, you may need to have an app like WinZip to unzip it on a PC.
This product is copyrighted by Christine Reeve for use in one classroom. They may not be copied for additional classes without purchasing extra licenses. For bulk discounts, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org